A. Basic Inspection Rate:
Minimum charge (US $ / Certificate)
Basic Inspection Rate (US $ / Container)
Mixed Metal Scrap
The above rates will be charged on the actual quantity (No. of containers) issued on each certificate (abstracted by a notice from China Certification & Inspection (Group) Co., ltd. dated Oct 10, 2006).
B. Extra charges as below will be applied:
1)Inspection conducted as per request on weekdays (Monday-Friday) other than the normal business hours (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) will be by appointment, customer needs to make his/her appointment in advance. If supervision of loading is required, normal supervision of loading charge of $60/hr. will be applied.
2)The labor charge of inspection conducted as per request on Saturday & Sunday will be 1.5 times of the hourly inspection rates ($60/hr X 1.5 = $90/hr); 2 times hourly inspection rates ($60/hr X 2 = $120/hr.) will be applied if inspection is conducted on official holidays.
3) If inspector arrives at the inspection site on a prior agreed time with applicant or supplier, cost of waiting will be charged at $60 per waiting hour. A whole hour waiting time will be charged for a fraction of a waiting hour.
4) Due to incorrect information provided by applicant (e.g.time, inspection site, etc.) that causes to have a second inspection, the applicant will be charged the standard mileage rate of $0.575/mile (in 2015) which is subject to an adjustment according to the Standard Mileage Rate for Business announced by Internal Revenue Service Annually plus the labor cost ($60/hour) for the initial inspection.
5) If inspector arrives at the inspection site as agreed with the applicant/supplier but no inspection is done due to incorrect information (e.g. inspection site, materials not ready, etc.), applicant will be charged half of the inspection fees based on the declared quantity of the application.
6) If applicant fails with the inspection with no CCIC certificate issued, applicant will be charged half of the inspection fees based on the declared quantity of the application.
7) When on-site inspection is applied and passed, the applicant shall load the materials within 30 days. If for any reason the applicant does not request for issuing of a certificate within this 30-day period, the inspection will be considered as void and no certificate will be issued. Applicant will be charged half of the inspection fees based on the declared quantity of the application.
8) If applicant fails with the initial inspection and second inspection needs to be re-arranged, re-inspection will be treated as a new application.
9) When inspection cannot be completed by just visual inspection method and samples have to be sorted and delivered to laboratory for testing, all the costs incurred will be borne by the applicant.
10) During the inspection, any charges requested by supplier, e.g. transportation of materials, opening of bales and re-baling, etc. will be borne by the applicant.
11) If the inspection method of Loading Supervision is used, the applicant will be responsible for all expenses incurred for the inspection, including but not limited to business travel expenses (according to actual expenses) or mileage fee (in 2015, the rate is $0.575/mile and the rate is subject to an adjustment according to the Standard Mileage Rate for Business announced by Internal Revenue Service Annually, overtime and/or waiting time expense ($60/hour, starting from the second hour) and inspection fee (basic inspection rate).
C. Other processing fees:
1) The labor charge of inspection conducted as per request on Saturday, Sunday and hours other than the normal business hours (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) will be 1.5 times of the hourly inspection rates ($60/hr X 1.5 = $90/hr); 2 times hourly inspection rates ($60/hr X 2 = $120/hr) will be applied if inspection is conducted on official holidays.
2) If applicant needs to have reasonable change in commodity type or shipper name after certificate draft has been confirmed, a $50 revision fee will be incurred. The charge of other reasonable revisions on already confirmed certificate draft is $20.
3) Normally, when an application is accepted by CCIC North America Inc, actual inspection will be performed at an agreed appointed working date within 45 days. If the inspection is not able to be performed within 45 days due to reasons of the applicant/supplier, the application will be cancelled automatically without notice and the applicant will be charged $20 per application for the processing or cancellation fee. In the case that the applicant wishes to resume the inspection, a new application for inspection has to be resubmitted.
D. Fees for Inputting Application into E-PSI System (effective Dec. 1, 2006)
4) A $20 processing fee per application will be charged for inputting application data into E-PSI system on behalf of applicants who are still sending their applications by fax.
Thank you for your attention.
CCIC North America Inc.